Makes about 1 big cake
Ingredients for the first layer:
- 1 cup almonds, soaked and dried (or mix ½ cup sunflower seeds and ½ cup almonds to make it more affordable)
- 2 cups grated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 vanilla pod)
- Make a flour from the almonds in a food processor. Then put it in a bowl. Do the same with the grated coconut, to make a more fine flour.
- Mix together in a large bowl with all the other ingredients until you get a sticky dough. The dough should be really sticky otherwise the cake will crumble. From this dough you could already make delicious raw cookies!
- Divide the mixture over your two lined baking tins. Press well until you get a nice base for your cake. Place in the freezer while you prepare the other layers.
Ingredients for the second layer:
- 500g pumpkin
- 2 tbsp cynamon
- 10 pieces of cardamom
- 60g fresh ginger
- 60g agave syrup
- 75g cacao nibs
- 75g goji berries
- 50g black raw chocolat
- 60g cacao butter
- 2 oranges(juice and raspery)
- 1 punch salt
- Mix all ingredients, except the cacao nibs, goji berries and black chocolate,in the food processor untill you have a runny dough.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture on top of your base, sprinkle with the cacao nibs, and place back in the freezer minimum for 2 hs.
- You can make a goji berry jam soaking them In orange juice and procesing with agave syrup and coconut oil.
- You can save a portion of the first dough and make some truffles bathed in chocolate